Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Things are moving

Things are moving here. Not in our time, but in God's time. It's hard, isn't it.
I was reading in the Bible a couple of days ago: "my ways are not your ways, my thoughts are not your thoughts... my ways are higher than your your ways, my thoughts are higher than your thoughts."
A Rwandan man here said "You don't need God in America, you have everything. We need God everyday. He is our daily helper. We call on God everyday. And eventhough you pray everyday, you don't REALLY rely on Him."
This has really struck Mike and I, because it is true. And we are brought back to the basics here with less distractions. We are really learning to rely on Him everyday as our daily helper. We give Him the day and ask Him to help us handle whatever may come our way.

We went for Irakoze's medical today. He screamed when he got blood taken. It was such a big needle. Then they gave us a cup and told us to go get a urine sample. I looked at her with an odd look on my face, and asked "how do I do that? She replied, "get him to pee in the cup"
How do you get a 22 month old to pee in a cup? He may not even need to pee, and all he knows is peeing in a diaper. Well, Mike pulled down his diaper and held the cup under him. He screamed and screamed!! So Mike held him, and I held the cup under him. He continued to scream for 10 very long, loud minutes. I was praying, "Lord, please help him pee!!" Mike said, "let's just go". I kept praying and then Mike was praying. I called upon our helper!! "Lord please help him pee"
And then he peed. It was a simple thing, but not to us. It was an answer to prayer. I did not want to come back another day. (another day wasted). What takes a couple of hours in Canada, it takes 2 - 3 days here. We then had to go for x-rays. He stood there so brave and was so good. It was a tough day for him. The x-ray results were all good. Now we are going back to get the results from the blood and urine tests.

We were supposed to come home this Fri. As it looks right now, it probably won't happen. We are trying to get a flight to Nairobi, Kenya tomorrow or Thurs, to visit Immigration in person and to put pressure on them for the Visa.

Irakoze is doing so well. He has bonded to both of us like we were always his parents. His bath time, diaper changing, bedtime has all gotten better. The swimming has helped the bathtime to be better. And we get him to sleep at night, by walking with him in our arms all throughout the house. I know, "you shouldn't do that" But thanks Diane, "whatever works" right?
He has had alot of adjusting to do, poor little guy.

He's vocabulary is now at about 10 words (from 0 words). He says "mama", "papa", "beep, beep", "no", "oya" (no, in rwandan), (great eh, a 2 year old who knows "no" in 2 different languages) (no it's not funny!! lol) He says "what's that?" And he will point to one thing after another asking "what's that?" "what's that?" And we will tell him what the item is. It could go on and on for hours.

Nola-the man is our caretaker at our townhouse. He cuts the grass, cleans the house, washes our clothes, etc. And Irakoze just loves him. You are a loyal follower. Do you read this as your nightly entertainment? Ha HA!! Just joking! I like your comments and of course, miss you too. I can't wait for you to meet him. Hope everything is going well.

8 comments:

  1. Ok, I sent a comment the other day but maybe you didn't get it, so I'll try again, Jaxon is such a little cutie, it sounds like things are going well there, I keep checking your mail and today a registered letter came on first attempt, I'm not sure if that would be your ei form but I'll try and pick it up, hopefully they will let me sign for it, there was also a letter from adoption services in edmonton, I'm not sure if you need that or if you want me to open up the letter, just let me know. Well, take care and we look forward to meeting you new little family, hurry home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello guys we have been following all your updates and its great to see the pictures and hear how things are going. Since your no longer coming back on the 6th can we pick you up?

    email us at carrollcarol@hotmail.com and let us know.

    Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcy, I feel like I've taken your place over here, now I am the one checking several times a day for news from Africa. We have enjoyed following your adoption journey. The kids thought the pee story was hilarious and liked the one about Jaxon watching you from the playpen when you woke up. The pictures are great. He is absolutely adorable. Does he respond to the name Jaxon or are you calling him by his African name? Have you done any sight seeing? We look forward to hearing more and seeing more pictures when you get home. We love you and have been praying for you often.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well aren't you living the life, I don't recall anytime in my life that I have had a gentleman doing my laundry. Probably a good thing to because I would probably have a fit if he saw my unmentionables (it's not funny,don't laugh). Will Mike be able to stay for another week or so. I hope so, because I will worry about you if he is not there. How is Irakoze doing with the upset tummy? Hope he is feeling better. I guess having the opportunity to get back to the basics is a really good thing. Makes you realize how much we rely on unnecessary novilties in our lives. So don't worry I will help you unclutter your life by taking a few of your extra purses off your hands HAHAHA!
    You are going to laugh, I check every morning to see if there is a new message, then I check at nap time, and I also check in the evening. When there is news I read it to Kevin, then I interupt Aaron and read it to him, finally I read it to Allysha when she gets home. So yes it has technically repaced my novels that I am always reading. Always remember the power of god can get you through everything. Also keep in mind our society should become more like Africa and go about things slower. Less mistakes and more thought about priorities. Well I should get going. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys and I hope the Visa people will hurry up. Give Irakoze a hug from me and tell him that he is a special little guy and that I can not wait to give him one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev-you can open anything. (I trust you)I thought my ROE would be there by now.
    I don't need the thing from Ed. They e-mailed it to me.

    For now guys - we are trying to get on our flight tomorrow, but all of our credit cards are cut off, since someone (us) are trying to use it in Africa. Some stupid credit card security!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let us know if you need money transfered or a loan from the bank of Kurt lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there,

    my name is nancy i am a friend of marcy's aunt mary in port saunders, newfoundland. she wanted me to let you know that you are in her thoughts and prayers and hopes that everything works out and you are home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi there

    my name is nancy i am a friend of marcy's aunt mary in port saunders, newfoundland. she wants to let you know that she is thinking of you and praying that everything works out and you are home soon. she was telling a little about your story. i too am praying and hope things work out in a timely fashion,

    keep the faith and god bless

    ReplyDelete