Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Such a sad day!!

It has been a day of sadness and crying. We are supposed to fly home tomorrow. But, Mike is just flying home tomorrow. And I don't know how long I will be here. That's right, I am flying solo as a single mom for awhile. Mike has been a mess all day. He is worried about us. Irakoze will miss him so much(as will I). He is a Papa's boy. He will be looking for him everywhere.
We have become such a family unit. And I love my family. I couldn't imagine it any other way. :)
He is a wonderful little boy. He is changing everyday. He has come so far, with listening to us and behaving nicely. He has become such a little man. He is so thoughtful and so, so loving. I probably receive 30+ kisses and hugs a day. He shares, he helps with laundry, after putting on his shoes, he goes and gets Papa's and then Mama's. I am tearing up as I type this. I wouldn't love a birth child any more than I love him. He IS OUR SON!!!
Well, I won't be able to get to internet much with Mike being gone. Irakoze is such a busy little kid, and it is hard to get him to sit still.
Take care and please keep praying.

4 comments:

  1. Hey guys! I'm sorry to hear that Mike is coming home without you Marcy, everything will work out though, you and Jaxon will be safe, if I could I would come out there and keep you company but we'll pray here instead. When I read about you loving Jaxon just as much as a bith child, I'm starting to tear up as I type because I feel the same about Acacia, it's a very special love and they are very blessed to be able to be in Christian families that love God and we are blessed because God has given them to us to take care of and give them all that life has to offer that they might not have been given, adoption is the ultimate act of God's love for us, that's why I would do it again in a heart beat! Take care and we'll take care of Mike here don't worry.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy I can understand the day of tears. You might need to give Irakoze a picture of Mike to carry around. I know you will miss him and if he needs anything have him give us a call. It is going to be different without Mike but this is going to be O.K. I pray that you will be home soon
    I beleive that you could not love Irakoze any more than you do HE IS YOUR CHILD and GOD HAS GIVEN HIM TO YOU knowing that he would be loved and cared for like no other child.
    I know you will be talking to Mike and maybe he could be so kind and keep us up to date by passing on your information on the blog. I know Iwould appreciate it. Either that or he is going to have to put up with me calling him to see how things are going.
    Miss you and give Irakoze a big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcy, I am so sorry that Mike can't stay. I hope you can get home to Calgary soon. Is there anything we can do for you here a bazillion miles away? Anything! Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep your chin up! It is a blessing to have any child in your life in any capacity!

    ReplyDelete