Friday, June 5, 2009

Distractions, Distractions

As Marcy said we are here in Nairobi and it was a rough beginning. Actually it starteds the day we left Rwanda and carried forward.
OK nobody laugh but as we were leaving the house that we had been staying in we were half way down the road in our cab when Marcy said "Oh, we didn't get a picture of where we stayed." So being the good husband that I am we turned the cab around. I just finished taking the pictures when I stepped backward and all of a sudden there was nothing under my foot (definitely a KodaK moment) and down I went into a trough about three feet deep that runs down the length of one side of the street. One foot in the ditch and the other planted firmly on top. I was a little scraped up but the scary part was that I heard popping and crunching in my knee that wasn't in the ditch. I walked away but all day my knee got stiffer and stiffer and I thought for sure that I tore ligaments and tendons. Well today I did a little hobbling but knee seems to be working well Praise God.
The drive through Nairobi to the hotel was like driving in a traffic jam with a tube hooked from your mouth to the exhaust. It was unreal!! But then as Marcy wrote there were a number of unreal moments in our day yesterday. We did get most of our money back from that scam of a hotel we started at yesterday. I had my doubts.
Apart from the trip to the Canadian Embassy, today was pretty laid back. Please pray for Jaxon as he has picked up a little bit of a sniffle (didn't know the human body could hold that much snot) and adjusting to the time change after our crazy day yesterday.
It is all in God's hands! He is above any power here on Earth. All things are possible with God!!!
Pray for me as tomorrow there is a special market set up here at the hotel (which they do only once a year). Marcy currently has all our cash in her purse. ENOUGH SAID! Just kidding we saw them setting up and it looks like some really nice stuff. We could use the distraction tomorrow. Well it is good night from Nairobi, and good afternoon to you all.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Finally got onto the blog. Mom has been watching all along but I was having trouble. Anyway, sounds like you are getting stuff done slowly but surely. Praying things speed up so we can see you sometime before Christmas! Do they give you a work visa when they tell you it could take that long????

    Anyway I'm praying to see you next week. I figure Jaxon's snot problem is wrapped up in the tear gas incident. Whenever I sleep in a hotel that has been previously smoked in I get the same thing!

    Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, what's the time difference there?

    ReplyDelete