Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Praise God!!!

I didn't read all of what Marcy said yesterday, but yesterday when we went to the minister's office to inquire about our final letter the minister's assistant suggested that we might not get Jaxon because there was suggestion in our documents that the mother is still out there somewhere and that the police report would not be enough. It took the wind out of us for a moment, but then we reminded ourselves that God is in control and not this lady. We prayed and then carried on with our day. A lady, whom I am convinced God put in our pathway, called this morning and told us that a connection she has in the minister's office texted her and said our documents were ready. She picked us up right away and we all went together to the minister's office. We got there and as we were told they were ready for us.

One problem though......our names were wrong on the document :( Thank God this lady's contact came in and after some wrangling they typed up a new letter and got it signed. YAHHHH!! PRAISE GOD!!!! We went to the orphanage and picked up, now wait for it..........OUR SON!!! And we don't have to take him back.

He was in a much better mood after a good nights sleep and he is at this moment at the house with Marcy. I snuck out for an hour because he still has a little trouble with me being away from him, but he is getting better. I promised Marcy that I wouldn't be long so, thank you for all your prayers. Please continue to pray for our first night sleep with Jaxon, for the passport (should get tomorrow) and the visa in Nairobi.

Talk again tomorrow.
Mweregwe

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! I have the Holy Spirit goose pimples right now. I am so, so happy/excited for you both. I can't wait to meet your son!

    Big, Huge Blessings...
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read the first part of your mail my stomach did a bottom out and I just about cried for you guys. Oh my, Marcy and Mike the first night with your son I am so excited for you. Bet you won't sleep much, every little noise Jaxon makes will be heard. My prayers are still with you that his Visa comes in right away but as we have learnt with this process take baby steps and wait. By now I think you guys are the King and Queen of patience not something that I would be good at. Can not wait to hear how your first night goes. I know it will be great, even if he cries a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Nola called the store today to tell me about this recent blog posting (she is so good at keeping us up to date [even when we try]). I can't believe everything that you are going through, and have gone through on this long journey. BUT... YOU ARE A MOM AND DAD NOW! Its official guys, enjoy this first night as parents (although there are many, many more to come). I hope that everything goes smoothly over the next couple days (relatively, if necessary). This adventure of yours is amazing, and hopefully close to coming home, miss you both,

    Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on making it through the toughest part of your journey! I keep you in my prayers, and hope your faith sees you through. Come home safe, we can hardly wait to meet your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't give up now!!!! God is in control and knows what he is doing. Everything will happen in its perfect time. We'll be glad to have you home though and to meet denephew. Jada didn't like it when I told her I had to change her name to Deniece now that I had Denephew. She kills me! I think it is quite appropriate that Jaxon's favorite toys are shoes. You won't ever need a babysitter --- just put him in his closet with all Marcy's shoes.

    Let's see what other news is there? Um, Halvar passed away a couple weeks ago. Lots going on around here and not much of it is good -- but then remember where I work.

    Well I am just sputtering on. Miss you. HOpe this is a great bonding time if nothing else. Just think Father's Day is next week Mike and you actually fit the bill! Love ya, night.

    ReplyDelete